Vitters Shipyard in the Netherlands has signed a new order for a 50-metre classic performance ketch. Commissioned by an experienced owner primarily for cruising, the yacht will be built to Lloyd’s special service craft rules.Construction will start by the end of October and delivery is scheduled for late 2019. The naval architecture for this exciting custom superyacht is done by Hoek Design and Rhoades Young Design is responsible for the interior styling. MCM, represented by Nigel Ingram, is serving as the owner’s representative. The yacht will have an aluminium hull, built in Alustar, with a centreboard keel and a carbon rig with in-boom furling. The naval architecture has been further developed and fine tuned with the experience of previous projects.
- Wood Wins LNG Platform FEED Contract
- BBC Chartering, Jumbo Shipping Team Up in Global Project Alliance
- Global Piracy Declines in First Nine Months of 2017
- Cautious Optimism on Multipurpose Shipping: Drewry
- Changing Box Landscape Demands That Yard Tools Keep Pace
- Today’s Maritime Security: Is the Industry Prepared?
- Safety and Training Requirement UpdatesThe 2018 Newport Bermuda Race Safety Requirements (NBRSR) include changes to both the Safety at Sea training requirements and Personal AIS Beacons. Newport Bermuda Race Safety at Sea training requirements and how to meet them. For the 2018 race, the requirements have changed to require at least 2 crewmembers hold a current “World Sailing approved […]
- Safe Harbor Marinas named Official Boat Preparation Resource for the 2018 Newport Bermuda Race.September 6, 2017 – The Bermuda Race Organizing Committee (BROC) has named Safe Harbor Marinas as the Official Boat Preparation Resource for the 2018 Newport Bermuda Race. Said Bermuda Race Organizing Committee Chairman Jonathan Brewin, “We are very happy to welcome back Brewer Yacht Yards, now owned by Safe Harbor Marinas, as members of the sponsor family for the 51st Bermuda Race. BROC is […]
- North American Offshore Sailors StudyDear Bermuda Race Participants and Friends, This is an important request, especially for NBR racers, and I strongly encourage you to participate in the survey described below. This season, the Newport-Bermuda Race and a few of North America’s premier offshore race organizers and yacht clubs have teamed together to create a survey to learn […]
- Safety and Training Requirement Updates